It's Friday the 13 and time to start counting all they things that go wrong today -- or is it. Lucky is what lucky does, as my dad used to say. He was born on May 13 and my Aunt was born on September 13, and invariably one of their birthdays seemed to fall on a Friday. They both said it was their lucky day. As a truck driver, my father picked truck number 13 as his, even though there was no competition for it.
I am someone who admits to being superstitious, what else can explain the 49ers loss in the Superbowl last year. If I had just made that last toss in the waste can they would have won. I have to overcome these feelings to make this Friday the 13 a good day. Then I recalled it rained on my wedding day over 52 years ago, and my dad said, "rain always brings me luck." And it did bring me "luck." So, for my dad I will celebrate Friday the 13 and decide on my own what brings me luck -- it can even rain tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment